The College Board believes that an investment in education is an investment in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have championed innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country.
Our work falls broadly into three categories: College Readiness, College Connection and Success, and Advocacy.
The College Board seeks to ensure that every student in the United States has access to a high-quality education and is prepared to succeed in college. Our College Readiness initiatives promote curricula, assessment tools, district and guidance resources that help K-12 students prepare for the academic rigors of higher education. Through Advanced Placement® college-level courses and exams, high-school students can earn college credit and advanced placement, and learn from some of the most skilled, dedicated and inspiring teachers in the world.
Our College Readiness programs include:
College Connection and Success
The College Board helps students connect with and successfully complete a high-quality college education. We provide resources, tools and services to students, parents, colleges and universities in the areas of college planning, recruitment and admissions, financial aid, and retention. The SAT® and Student Search Service® programs alone have helped millions of students of diverse backgrounds learn about colleges, apply and enroll.
The College Connection and Success programs and resources comprise:
- SAT, SAT Subject Tests™ and SAT Readiness Tools
- Student Search Service
- BigFuture (our college planning site)
- College Search
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE®
- Scholarship Search
The College Board is a leading advocate and resource for excellence and equity in education. We invest in the future of America’s students by promoting high academic standards; supporting educators; and building critical connections between policy, research and real-world experience to drive systemic reform in education.
Our College Board Advocacy & Policy Center work focuses on three critical areas:
- Supporting educators in building college-going cultures through such initiatives as the CollegeKeys Compact™ and the National Office of School Counselor Advocacy
- Improving college affordability and financial aid awareness through initiatives like Trends in Higher Education and Education Pays
- Providing a roadmap to educators and policymakers on college admission and completion rates through the College Completion Agenda and such initiatives as the Access & Diversity Collaborative
Why do we fight so hard for education? Because of one simple belief: when more people achieve higher levels of education, the whole world benefits.