We are committed to increasing the number of students who earn a college degree and are prepared to succeed in the 21st century. Today’s College Board works with middle schools, high schools, community colleges, four-year colleges, policymakers and state education agencies to achieve this mission.
The College Board:
- Reaches more than 7 million students, 23,000 high schools and approximately 3,800 colleges.
- Administered nearly 3 million SAT exams in the 2012 academic year. Among SAT takers in the class of 2012, 45 percent were minority students (up from 44 percent in the class of 2011 and 38 percent in the class of 2008) making them the most diverse class of SAT takers ever.
- Serves a community of approximately 130,000 AP teachers and administered more than 3.2 million AP Exams in the 2012 academic year.
- Maintains relationships with more than 900 key school districts across the country; we reach more than 54 percent (about 9,700) of total U.S. public school districts through PSAT/NMSQT alone.
- Attracted more than 54 million people to the College Board website last year.